My first project was another Cleo dungaree dress by Tilly and the Buttons. I bought some red stretch denim to make this in ages ago, and even had the clips, but it had been slipping down my 'to do' list. This pattern is an absolute delight - quick and easy to sew (with a bit of topstitching thrown in to make it just challenging enough). It's also super wearable. I've worn my olive green corduroy version to death, but it won't look right for spring and summer. The red version looks good with tights now, but I'm planning to make a couple of summery t-shirts to go underneath so I can continue wearing it into Summer. I added a couple of inches to the length this time as the other one was VERY short, which is ok with my 60 denier opaques, but I'm not brace enough nowadays to go that short with bare legs.
Next on my list was a really practical make. Polly has decided she hates sleepsuits and only likes wearing proper pyjamas like the ones I made at Christmas. I delved through my stash and found two lengths of cotton lawn to make some pyjama bottoms for her. I used the same pattern as for her Christmas ones (Tailors Kids Pyjama Bottoms, free download). I've also used this pattern for all of Thomas's pyjama bottoms. Less than an hour later, she had a pair of vintage Liberty pyjamas and another pair in atelier brunette dandy fabric.
I bought some plain white crepe from the Fabric Godmother at the Handmade Fair back in September to make a Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse. I finally made it a couple of weeks ago. I made version B this time (v neck opening), and I'm in love with how clean and simple it looks.
Last but not least, I did cheat a little bit and bought the 'Quicker Knickers' pattern for 85p from Little Finch Patterns after seeing them on one of the sewing groups I am a member of on Facebook. The pattern was so cheap and a great way to use up scraps of jersey fabric (of which I have tons), that I felt it was a good investment. They sew up quickly and are a fantastic stash-buster.