I had a couple of fabrics in my stash that I thought would work well with this pattern. I opted to make the first version in some navy cotton voile bought in the sale from Seasalt. You can only buy this fabric in pre-cut lengths. Luckily I had 3m of it as it is super narrow. I’ve only just about got enough for something for Polly left. I opted for the version with pocket and cuffs and was super proud of myself that I pattern-matched the pocket so well you can hardly see it! This is marketed as a beginners pattern and it is a quick easy sew. However, it has some lovely features such as the back yoke and bow. I love the fit without any adjustments from my usual size in Tilly patterns (3). I was slightly concerned that it was too short, but looking at the photos, I think it’s ok. The fabric was gorgeous to sew with and so comfortable to wear.
For my second version I used a bold Liberty print lawn from Abakhan. I bought this a while ago without a project in mind, and I knew it would work well with the simplicity of this dress. I decided to leave off the pocket this time as the design of the fabric has a large print. I also didn’t pattern match at the back as I was trying to be frugal with the fabric, but I think I got away with it! As with all Liberty fabric, it feels buttery-soft and luxurious. I’m saving the rest for another project.
I’m leaving it at two versions of Stevie for now, but I’m sure I’ll make other versions in future. It’s perfect for the warm weather and easy enough to sew in an evening.