I landed on the Bibi Skirt - a pencil skirt with panels made in ponte de roma. I decided to use two fabrics to highlight the panelling. For the centre panels, I used a monochrome geometric print from Girl Charlee (I actually have another project coming up using this, but the skirt uses such a small amount, I knew I could squeeze both from my fabric). I managed to squeeze the side panels and waistband from some black ponte that I bought from the bargain section at Abakhan to make a Bettine dress last year.
This skirt is supposed to be really tight, but I prefer things to be figure-skimming rather than figure-hugging, especially around the tummy! So I actually made this up in a size larger than I would usually use for Tilly patterns (I'm normally a 3, but made this in a 4). This means it is still fitted enough, but it isn't too tight and also means I can wear for work with a blouse tucked in.
The construction was really simple - this is the skirt pattern I didn't realise I have always wanted! My only challenge is that my overlocker is playing up and I don't trust it on the seams, so I sewed as I would do with wovens (on the sewing machine for seams and overlocker for finishing). This means that it took twice as long as it should have done! Even so, it was a one evening project. I'm on the lookout for some brightly to coloured fabric for my next one - this can easily be dressed up or down and it is super comfortable to wear.