Monday 23 April 2018

Some cute pyjamas and my Me Made May pledge

I've been busy with a couple of projects that I can't tell you about yet (all will be revealed very soon), but I'm the meantime, I sewed up some super cute pyjamas for Thomas and Polly to wear on a recent weekend away.  I started by making a pair for Thomas after he moaned that I don't make things for him (untrue by the way!). As soon as Polly saw them, she asked where hers were, so I made a pair for her. For both of them, I used the Made by Jack's Mum harem pants pattern for the bottoms and the explorer raglan pattern for the top. I extended the sleeves to make them full length at Thomas's request. Both fabrics are from my Girl Charlee stash. 

Here they are looking lovely despite very little sleep 



It's that time of year again, and I need to make my Me Made May pledge. I really want to challenge myself this year and also use this as an opportunity to think about what I actually wear and sew more of these wardrobe staples (I'm always getting sidetracked by party dresses!!).  I usually wear me made clothes so to push myself, my pledge this year is that between myself, Gareth and the kids, our family will wear at least 3 me made items between us each day during May, with as few repeat wears as possible. I also pledge to finish at least 4 projects for myself that are wardrobe staples, not party dresses. Phew! It's going to be an interesting month!

No comments:

Post a Comment