I had some amazing flamingo print cotton bought from Abakhan a few months ago which I knew would be perfect for this project. As luck would have it, I also had a matching invisible zip. Although I used the pattern to cut out the top. I ended up ignoring most of the instructions and sewing it together using methods I am familiar with. Some of the instructions were counter-intuitive, so I decided to freestyle it.
I'm pleased with the top, but it is a bit tight on the body, so only really looks right tucked into a skirt, such as my Ultimate Pencil Skirt. The sleeve ruffles were really easy, and it's nice to have something that is on-trend. I'm tempted to make another version, but maybe grade up a size so I can wear it with jeans.