Google+ Followers

Saturday, 16 July 2016

Holiday sewing part 3 - Playsuits!

The holiday sewing continues at pace. This week I decided to try out the short version of the Poppy playsuit which is the newest pattern from Sew Over It. When the pattern was released, my sister sent me a message within minutes asking if I was planning to get it. Silly question really... I got some half price cotton lawn from John Lewis a couple of weeks ago especially for this project and also decided to make the drawstring romper for Polly in matching fabric from the One Little Minute blog. I saw this tutorial on Facebook a while ago and saved the link as I loved it. 

The Poppy playsuit is yet another pdf pattern (sort of getting used to them now).  Strangely, the sizing was different to other Sew Over It patterns and I fell between the 8-10 and 10-12 sizes so went for the larger one, which was probably a mistake in retrospect. I am planning to make the long version for nights out in the Autumn and will go for the smaller size as I think the larger one is unflattering. It is very comfy though and will be perfect for holiday.  

The playsuit was an easy sew, with elasticated waist and hook and eye fastening at the back. It took a bit longer than an evening as suggested, but not much. 

Polly's romper suit was more fiddly, although all quite straightforward.  It was the first time I have made rouleau straps and it will be the last until I buy some kind of tool to help turn them out. As it was, I used a chopstick and a lot of patience (and mad Gareth take over when I got too frustrated).  It was all worth it when I saw Polly wearing it - chubby baby cuteness overload!!

Here we are in our matching Playsuits:


And one of those chubby baby legs:


No comments:

Post a Comment